Sunday, August 09, 2009
HOW TO.. SMILE by Yoko Ono
How To... SMILE by Yoko Ono
I told you to smile when you are feeling down.
However, there are steps you should know.
First you go to the mirror and smile to the mirror in anyway you can.
You probably will not feel any different.
Smile a few times that way.
If that is not enough, smile a few times every morning when you see the mirror.
That won't do much, either, right?
Because there is a way to smile and change not only your mood, but make your body healthy and young, and change your life for the better!
1) Smile just by twisting the ends of your mouth up. That doesn't get you anywhere, I bet. But that's a start.
2) Smile with your eyes and mouth. That's better. Your smile will make somebody feel good, maybe. Add a little giggle, and they will either think you're crazy or like you for it.
3) If you really want to smile so it will make yourself feel good as well - you have to smile from your heart and your lungs. Don't worry, if you are ending the smile with a quiet sound like ummm.
4) The next step will make you feel still better. Smile from your solar plexus. This has an added benefit of making your solar plexus healthier, and active.
5) The next step is to smile right down from your stomach. When you do this, make sure to breathe deeply and pull your stomach muscles in as you smile.
6) The next step - yes, there are more steps! - you should smile from your knees. Again, just pull your knees in - as you pull your stomach in - at the same time you use your lungs, heart and solar plexus. You'll see that by then, you are smililng with your whole body. You won't forget to smile with your eyes and mouth at the same time. It will happen anyway. That's how you will get the true benefit of smiling.
How about giving a smile to others? Should we forget that? Don't worry. They'll notice your smile. Only, this time, you'll feel good, too. Very, very good!
I love you! yoko
24 July 2009